Translate

Friday, February 1, 2019

Two of You


There were 2 of you
and only 1 of me.
Cousin Taylor and I sat at a pictureshow very back row. You were with ya crew. Ya crew covered for you. The you that still loves me. They went on lookout for your current lover and called the second you, whose face always frowned at even the thought of me, to come down to the pictureshow so you and I could be alone and talk. We never got the chance to.   Your new lover showed up on a hunt for what's now hers. And even though there were 2 of you. Both of you feared losing the new lover. The new lover never knew there were 2 of you. The you that loved me whispered: "Meet me at your house."  As you left, the you that hated me arrived and I was forced to deal with the evil countenance of it. I couldnt take it. I went home. Not before Cousin Taylor held a mirror to my face and made me aware I looked desperate and foolish. I didn't to her listen and left. It was worse than I imagined. The you that loved me, made way to my house long before me but didn't arrive to me until long after I had and was still too afraid to stay. Everyone who saw you on your way to me would tell your new lover or so the you that loved me thought.  I knew she now meant more to you than I did. Could it be I stayed away too long?  Still I couldn't understand... She didnt match my beauty at all, my love will always be unsurpassed, no ones hurt me more than you and still I loved, nothing compared to our history; the good and the bad of it... and she was even more possesive and out of control than I had ever been.  Couldn't you see her as clear as I could? You said you'd be coming back. You never did. I didn't cry. Funny thing about time it's too busy ticking to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment