Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

The White Tower


In the old gold car I rode as a passenger. With company bad for me.. destination unknown but certain to be dangerous. Parked in front a tall white tower and left alone.
When the taking was long down came a devil-man to thieve. He reached inside the old car to take whatever he could and took me. Still I protected the cars contents. I don't remember the ride to the 12th floor. I just remember the room. Familiar,  dresser and bed pictures on the wall. 3 visitors came and went whilst a devil-man described me. Was I hostage? No,  but had I stayed I knew I'd regret not speaking up. "I need the elevator!" I spoke. "This way" I was told... I boarded the crowded lift and pressed a floor.. strictly from fear 12 ...the floor I was on. The light turned off. 8 was pressed by a rider then 4 was pressed by a rider then 1 was pressed by me. The elevator passed all floors and went straight to 1. But the doors did not open. The elevator began to malfunction up to 8 it went... back to 4 but the doors never opening. Then higher than 12 or ever before. I felt the elevator snap and then swing. Everyone was calm but me. The devil-man who took me high up spoke of my character while we took the elevated journey: "She is wise, kind and fat."
The devil-man was  7ft and large.. I said to him "You have no room to speak"... he laughed. The elevator plummeted to the basement floor finally opened the doors to a dark shaft room. Walls and floor painted black. The riders filed out with no fear. I followed the crowd into a diner I appeared. My bad company called my name. Surrounded by food and 8 African women. "I thought you were dead or I thought you left and took my prized possessions...I didn't care. Lets finish the meal and leave." And so we did. Me in the 3rd row with 2 others. My bad company in the second row with 3 others
And the front row with 3 including the driver.  Bad company talked to the women on his right who danced for him.  I spoke to the woman on his left who sat in front of me. And the woman on my right engaged a stare. Reviewing pictures as we drove to our next stop that I had hoped was home.  The woman in front of me sharing pictures then introduced every one to me. The first 2 I knew the 3rd in the first row I didn't. The 2 on the right of Bad Company I didn't. The 2 to my right I didn't.  The night was dark but the streets were lit up by signs and clean from rainfall. We drove inside a lounge where the top of the car pulled back. The live music filled the room the audience sang along to the cheerful song and swayed to the reggaeton. A New World. Was it safe? As everyone exited the car... I stayed put.

2 comments:

  1. Intriguing can't wait to hear more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to dissappointed you but this was a dream. It ended when I woke up... BUT DONT WORRY more writing to come.

      Delete