Translate

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Under the Sun

 




Blisters on my Feet

I almost Passed out in

that heat 

That Sun

up high

Shining...

don't always 

equal smile


It can beat down on your 

head if you're walking 

on miles 


 I learned to smile in the

rain. Deepened the

divots of  my dimples.

Widened the ripples playing in puddles.

Dodged the falls...

and pivoted

It's going to rain anyway...




That feels way better than my tired feet & back

Skin like hot leather under that bright sun that

DRAINED MY SOUL

TIL I HAD REACHED 

MY DESTINATION

THE SUN HAD NOT SET

BUT IT HAD SET ME DOWN

 

I tried to Smile

Blisters on my Feet

Sweat on my Brow

Hand Blistered & Bitten

I almost Passed Out in the Heat

Under the Sun.


Vannique

 TY Mr.Patron

 

2 comments:

  1. Poetic poetry..
    My cup of tea.
    Reminds me of a piece I wrote titled "Who Am I"
    Thank you for inviting me to read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your time. Always grateful! Please send me your poetry I would love to read yours!

      Delete